While flying long distances is certainly necessary to get to remote corners of the globe, it can also be an anxiety-ridden experience. You may be wondering how to prepare and what to do for fun on a long flight.
Use a few simple survival techniques and you’ll emerge at the airport fresh and relaxed. Also, book a first-rate car service from LAX to Ventura to ensure you’ll have a comfortable trip to your hotel after you land. This way, you’ll be ready to tackle any challenges on your business trip or energised for your holiday adventures.
How to pass the time on a long flight?
Being required to travel for 15+ hours to reach your destination would be enough to put you off going on your trip. However, for most, the passion for traveling the world outweighs the discomforts of spending lots of time in a stuffy plane cabin. So, how can you fill up those endless hours of boredom? Luckily, there are many things you can do to make time fly.
When making your travel itinerary, dedicate some time to planning out the activities you could do on the flight, too. Make a list of as many pleasurable activities you like that could easily be done on a plane. The key thing is giving yourself enough options, so your pastimes don’t become monotonous and you have something that fits your mood at different times during the flight.
What can you do on a long flight?
Sleeping is an obvious choice when it comes to surviving a long flight. Many love getting refreshing naps multiple times over the course of the flight. Others, however, find it hard to fall asleep in an airplane seat. If you’re among those who struggle to get some rest on a flight, you can try several remedies to aid you.
- A neck pillow: Propping your neck on a pillow can give you some much-needed support and comfort, which will help you sleep like a baby.
- No coffee: Reduce your caffeine intake the day of the flight in order to be able to doze off more easily.
- Window seat: Being seated next to the window instead of the aisle means you won’t be disturbed by other passengers when they’re standing up from their seats.
- Melatonin: This is a substance that is naturally produced by our bodies to help regulate sleep and wakefulness. Taking some might lull you to sleep. Just to be on the safe side, always check with your doctor before you take a supplement.
How can I entertain myself on a long flight?
Time goes by more quickly when you’re having fun. So, what are some fun things you can do to pass the time before you land at LAX Airport?
- Do some reading: Bring a book or magazine on the plane with you. Alternatively, carry an e-reader or tablet, which can store lots of reading material for you to enjoy. Audiobooks are another great choice too.
- Play games: Your phone or laptop can be a great source of entertainment. Load your devices with some stimulating games to keep you busy.
- Listen to music: A long flight is the perfect time to catch up with the latest hits that you might otherwise not have the time to listen to.
- Watch a film: Either stock up on films to watch on your laptop or use the in-flight entertainment system to find a fun distraction. A long haul is a great opportunity to binge on your favorite TV show, too.
- Keep up with work: Some passengers use up the time by being productive.
- Plan for your trip: Make a list of sights to visit and organize your time at the new destination while in the air.
How to get a first-rate car service from LAX to Ventura?
With the help of Classy LAX car services, when you arrive at LAX, you’ll have a trustworthy driver waiting for you in a luxurious car, ready to take you to your hotel. Drive past Ventura’s Mission Park in style and have a perfect start to your holiday!