Changing multiple time zones while being on a plane for more than 10 hours is a daunting prospect. If you’re faced with it, you must be asking yourself how to stay fresh during a long flight.
Aside from warding off dehydration and surviving cramped airplane seats and annoying co-passengers on your way to LAX, you could also be wondering which car service to LAX from Ventura would be the right choice for you.
What should I do before a long flight?
You should prevent dehydration and jet lag that are likely to happen after a long haul flight. Perform these simple precautions and you’ll land as fresh as when you took off. The day before you flight is crucial for good preparation. Here are some tips you should follow to have an easy, comfortable flight:
- Drink plenty of water: It’s important to stay hydrated, so drink three liters of water the day before your flight. However, stay away from alcohol and caffeine.
- Eat healthy: Put some leafy greens and fresh fruit on the menu. Avoid processed foods that are high in saturated fat and sodium.
- Get enough sleep: Changing time zones is bound to cause a lack of sleep, so make sure you start your flight well-rested.
- Moisturize: The dry air on a plane will dry out your skin and since you’ll be exposed to it for a long time, make sure you apply a face mask and moisturizer beforehand.
With these tricks under your belt, you’ll surely minimize the effects of a long haul flight and arrive at your destination fresh.
What should you not eat before a long flight?
Many feel anxious and tense before a long flight. If this is you, you might find yourself reaching for unhealthy, but satisfying snacks to calm down before boarding. Airport food options such as burgers and pizza don’t help much either. However, you definitely shouldn’t load up on certain types of food and drinks before flying:
- Fast food: While you’ll certainly be tempted to have these fatty, high-carb treats, there are two good reasons to say no to them. Firstly, high altitudes make it harder to digest food and eating a greasy burger makes digestion twice as difficult. Secondly, fast food contains lots of sodium, which increases water retention.
- Legumes: Although healthy, legumes such as peas and beans contribute to bloating, which is the last thing you need during a long flight.
- Fizzy drinks: These are another contributor to gas and stomach cramps, so they should best be avoided.
- Alcohol: If you have a drink to ease your nerves, like many flyers do, you’ll more likely to be dehydrated.
Instead of these, opt for healthy snacks and beverages. Drinking lots of water is definitely something to do on a long flight, as well as before it. Also, have some nuts or apple slices rather than ordering fast food.
Should you sleep after a long haul flight?
Getting enough sleep is one of the staples of great health, according to The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. So, how do you deal with the effects of jet lag on your sleep pattern?
Frequent flyers commonly advise adapting to the new time zone by going to bed at a time normal for that time zone. This may mean powering through a few hours of tiredness without dozing off or with minimal napping.
Where to get a first-class ride in Ventura, CA?
The last thing you need before a long flight is to worry about the transport to the airport. So, hiring the best car service to LAX from Ventura is just what the doctor ordered. With Classy LAX, have a comfy, luxurious ride by Emma Wood State Beach on your way to the hotel. We’re punctual, reliable and stylish. Contact us and see for yourself!